This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Slow backup, service initially failed to start.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I'm currently using liquesce to backup a 4tb array onto 2 3tb external drives (which is working and now almost finished). I had a problem when I first started the app where the service failed to start, but I was able to get everything working by manually starting the service (via services.msc). I have the C++ redist. and .net4 installed, However I'm not sure what "Dokan" is and I didn't intentionally install anything of the sort.
Is Dokan something that gets installed automatically, or did I somehow have it installed already?

The backup has been running for 5 days now, it'll probably be up to 6 by the time everything has finished. (using the beta version of bvckup2, if you must know) and for the amount of data that's moving around this seems to be taking a long time, but maybe that's also normal?
Dec 2, 2013 at 11:49 PM
also, it's probably apt to note that I'm currently on Liquesce_Setup 2013-10-22 Beta 1 version wise. I haven't been able to update because of that backup that's been running.
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM
By slow, what speed are you getting ?
The "new" version had speed improvements in the driver side, also as you are using it this intensely, it would be better to have set the logging to Error only (If not already).

As for the Service failing to start, that's new.
  • What OS version are using.
Note, Dokan is not necessary anymore, as it is all covered by the installer, and the CBFS driver. (I'll change the home page)
Dec 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I'm currently on W7x64, current updates.
I updated to the current version, and the service now starts normally. I an copy files off the Liquece mount, and that's plenty fast,
But with the new beta I cannot copy any files to the Liquece mount. I can create directories, and I can delete files, but all file creation results in a hang.

I just finished copying 2.79TB and it took 146h 46min with the previous beta.
I'm not sure what the actual transfer speed was, but that averages to ~5.3Mb/s, which seems slow.
The drives are 3tb Segate usb3, and normally average over 25mb/s
Dec 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I tried uninstalling the current beta and reinstalling, to see if I could then copy files to the pool, but it still fails.

Can you think of any reason this would be happening and/or is there a fix in the works?
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Edited Dec 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM
jacobtriffo wrote:
I'm currently on W7x64, current updates.
I updated to the current version, and the service now starts normally. I an copy files off the Liquece mount, and that's plenty fast,
But with the new beta I cannot copy any files to the Liquece mount. I can create directories, and I can delete files, but all file creation results in a hang.
Making this into a work Item.
https://liquesce.codeplex.com/workitem/12563
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Edited Dec 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM
jacobtriffo wrote:
I just finished copying 2.79TB and it took 146h 46min with the previous beta.
I'm not sure what the actual transfer speed was, but that averages to ~5.3Mb/s, which seems slow.
The drives are 3tb Segate usb3, and normally average over 25mb/s
Making this into a work Item.
https://liquesce.codeplex.com/workitem/12564