Several Questions / Similar to Raid0 in case a drive fails? / can create a pool out of truecypt volumes?

Jan 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM

1. Does it work similar to Windows Spanning with Dynamic Volumes, where if a drive fails the whole volume gets lost? which IIRC is the same as Raid0.

2. If a drive pool is created and mounted, are the drives conforming the pool accesible as if the pool didn't exist, meaning each one with its own partition/s. Perhaps I'm wrong but is the expect behaviour more or less this:? if a source drive is modified, the pool get updated or syncronized and reflects the changes, If the pool is modified it in turns modifies only the corresponding files/directories of the drive of whom the files/directories were sourced for the pool.

3. Can a pool be created out of truecrypt mounted volumes? As far as I can tell truecrypt volumes behaves exactly as a normal drive in windows explorer, but perhaps the question is if a volume is unmounted, say out of 3 volumes in a pool, will the pool reflect the change. And if all volumes get dismounted and afterwards mounted? If Liquesce can handle truecrypt volumes it would be the perfect place to test for issues, I can simply create some file containers before making a pool with fully encrypted drives, which can addionally be mounted by truecrypt in read-only mode for example.

4. After a pool is created can be somehow unmounted or temporally disabled? In order to properly unmount afterwards mounted trucrypt volumes in the pool.

5. If 3 is true I can pretty much test how Liquesce handles duplicated files for example, etc etc.

I'm hoping such a long post doesn't take away valuable coding time, unfortunately unlike other drive extension tools and despite being mentioned in several forums or tech blogs there was no clear post explanation regarding these points.

Best Regards,                                                                                                                                                            Marc