This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Uncaught exception - Exiting!

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Hello,

I was able to install and configure Liquesce, but after only a day of it running it started giving me an "uncaught exception - exiting!" error with the subtext "configuration system failed to initialize." I have tried uninstalling .net and Dokan, along with Liquesce, but the error keeps occurring. Specifically, it will not allow me to open the management interface. The tray app and service are both still running, but I have no way of managing the application. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm also getting this fatal error in the logs:

2012-03-31 01:37:32.8647[1] FATAL Program: Exception has not been caught by the rest of the application! System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Users\Desktop\AppData\Local\Smurf-IV\Liquesce.exe_Url_vap0ro1433iwvlmm2z2rl1xyzeywctrt\2012.1.28.696\user.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()   at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)   at Liquesce.Properties.Settings.get_UpdateRequired()   at Liquesce.MainForm..ctor()   at Liquesce.Program.CheckAndRunSingleApp()   at Liquesce.Program.Main()2012-03-31 01:37:34.2997[1] ERROR Program: File Closing

Thanks for the help!

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Edited Apr 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM

OK.. Not seen that before.
What OS and SP level ?

After you have uninstalled .Net and reinstalled, have you also run the MS updates to allow the SP1 and security feature updates to be applied ?

Things to try after the above.
1- Hold right ctrl key and right click on the tray application and select stop service.
2- Goto the location mentioned in the above user config location
3- Copy the file to this thread as an attachment, and then delete that file.
4- reboot and then visit that location again to see if the file has been recreated

Apr 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Hey Smurf,

Thanks for the reply. I decided it'd just be easier to re-install Windows and go from there. I'll report back if the error repeats.

In case it helps, this was with Windows 7 SP1 with all automatic updates installed (which I assume would grab any security updates you've mentioned). Sorry I couldn't try your suggestions, but I was getting annoyed with it not working and since it was already a pretty fresh installation of Windows it seemed easier to start over.

Thanks for your programs, they're a great help!