Reinstate share after reboot.

Mar 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Edited Mar 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I have just installed this and it seems to work nice. The only issue so far is losing my shares when I reboot. In the application on the advance menu I clicked the button to save the shares. Is there something else needed?

This is on windows 7 ultimate 32bit, right clicked the share to share it.

Mar 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM

:START

sleep 5

IF EXIST R:\Media\EXIST.txt (   

net share Media=R:\Media /GRANT:Everyone,FULL 

) ELSE (    

goto START 

)

exit

This is working nice as temp fix for now...

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2012 at 6:50 AM
bilboplex wrote:

I have just installed this and it seems to work nice. The only issue so far is losing my shares when I reboot. In the application on the advance menu I clicked the button to save the shares. Is there something else needed?

This is on windows 7 ultimate 32bit, right clicked the share to share it.

You need to re-send the saved config back to the server, so that it can use it the next time it starts.

When I get to re-writing this interface, I will need some way of showing that this is the obvious thing to do; Do you have any ideas on GUI flow usage, that would make this so ?

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Of course, sorry it should already have been obvious to me. I try it when I get home, thanks.

Not at the machine right now but on the share screen you could have another button next to the save which becomes clickable when the save button has been pressed. "apply changes" or similar. When you open the program you could have a tool tip popup highlighting the fact that when anychanges are made the send configuration menu item must be selected to apply the changes?

The send configuration button on the main menu, could only become clickable or could be bold or something when there are pending changes?