This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Found another problem: 4GB File Limit

Jan 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Well I've come across another bug here I think, hopefully you'll have another easy fix for me!

I am unable to playback any video file >4GB from a Liquesce share :(

I tested about 14 different files and the result was always the same: files under 4GB played fine, files over 4GB either would not playback, crash, or basically just not work at all.

I monitored my server during the playback, and the HD usage went to normal levels while the network went to the roughly same.

I tried upgrading my version, rebooting, and changing the threads number, but no go :(

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 6:04 AM

File access is not treated any different over a share.

Liquesce does not "know" the source of the request, it only tries to apply security if it can, and as the security is being handled by system process it does not bother (i.e. SMB protocol does all that).

1) Can you state what version you are using please (As you stated that you tried to upgrade - from what to to which please)

2) Have you disabled SMB 2 on the server side ?

3) can you access the file > 4GB via a normal windows share

4) what client is being used ?

With all that I can then attempt to recreate, and then test.

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM

1) Can you state what version you are using please (As you stated that you tried to upgrade - from what to to which please)

2) Have you disabled SMB 2 on the server side ?

3) can you access the file > 4GB via a normal windows share

4) what client is being used ?

With all that I can then attempt to recreate, and then test.

I just installed "Phase I - Re-Focused Release (with security)", I'm not sure what version I had previously though..

No I have not, I will and then retest

Yep, they stream 100% perfectly

Windows 7 (x86) and Windows 7 (x64)

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.