Network Share Name, how can I change it?

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I've been looking through all the options in the Liquesce to see if I can find a place where to change the Network Share name and have not had any luck. I don know how to add/change it manually myself I was just hopping to be able to set it in Liquesce and every time I re-boot or just restart the service it would default to those settings.

Just to clarify, when I pick the "Drive Mount" letter and below that specify the "Volume Lable" I would like to also be able to specify what the network share name will be instead of just the default drive letter.

As an additional option it would also be nice to specify the shares permissions (Read/Change/Full Control) by default it always gives me "Read Only"

BTW, I'm have it running on Windows Server 2008 R2 in case that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2010 at 8:29 PM

The "Share names" / Location / And ACL's come from the OS,

Have you done the SMB fix? (I thought you had !)

So the process is..

• Start Liquesce, and mount to a drive letter with a "Volume Label" (A bit like plugging in a USB drive)
  • Set-up your shares the normal way in the OS (I'm sure ther are at least 2 ways, (e.g. Setup the Share as you normally would via "Computer Management" -> "System Tools" -> "Shared Folders" -> Share; right click "New Share...")
  • Go back into the Liquesce Management app and go to the Advance Settings -> Current Shares (See http://liquesce.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Advanced%20Settings)
  • This will then display the settings you have setup in the previous share
  • Click Save, and then "Send Configuration", So that when Liquesce restarts it knows to reapply those shares.

Or are you on about using the Client Share Enabler ?

If you are, you can uninstall that.

Note: the share name, ACL, and User info has not been implemented in the Share Enabler yet (And probably will not be, unless SMB turns out to be a big problem for someone !!)

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Thank you for the quick reply.

I think I found the problem. My initial understanding was that Liquesce automatically creates a network share with a name same as the Letter of the Mounted Drive. I must have initially setup a share that had the name of the drive letter that I was mounting my drives to. So that now every time I restart it, it creates that share and I was trying to figure it out. I have since change the Drive Letter and now it does not create the network share until I actually make one myself first.

You can consider the issue resolved and ignore my initial question/request. I should have done some more testing before posting this :)~ sorry...

Thanks for your help.

In closing I would like to say that I love where this project is going and I will definitely be promoting it to my friends.

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 6:06 AM
PCWiz wrote:
In closing I would like to say that I love where this project is going and I will definitely be promoting it to my friends.

Thanks for the enthusiam.. Any requests on what I can put in / work on next / Plan into the next phase ;-)