This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help with Visual Studio Team Explorer

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Since I forgot to commit some files I want to ask how to work with Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010.

I'm a Subversion tortoise user and I was happy with it. Since this MS CodePlex servers can't handle svn without having issues I tried to move...

The big question:

HOW CAN I LOOK WHICH FILES ARE CHANGED SINCE LAST COMMIT/UPDATE?

I could set all files to edit and then make a diff but I don't think this is the right way. It is very circuitous doing this. Please help! I don't want to block the project again with so stupid problems.

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2010 at 4:44 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM

The TFS integration has (From the IDE menu)  View -> Other Windows -> Source Control Explorer

As the picture shows below, I have all the latest files apart from the one that is currently missing.

The other window that is important and simpler than the one above, so that you can see your edits / Adds / deletes etc is (From the IDE menu)  View -> Other Windows -> Pending Changes . This is also the view I use when I was using Tortoise SVN Intergrated into the IDE (I currently have both but use TFS for this project !), but I had to remember to press refresh before typing in my comments

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I've created a page to add pictures to, so that they can be referenced in these discussions, rather than messing the source code check ins.

http://liquesce.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Pictures&referringTitle=Documentation

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Ok...

I see the same windows but my problem is, I only see the pending changes if i mark the changed files as edit before. If I don't I can't see which files are not commited right now and maybe missing. So the differences between local files and the repository files aren't shown until I mark it as edit with "checkout to edit.." (translated).

But thank you...

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Are you making all of your files writeable before you use them ?

I see which files I need to checkin with both windows.

Try performing a File -> Source Control -> Open From Source Control, And tell it to overwrite everything that you do not have "Checked out" this should force the readonly flag.

Then, when you edit them either via SVN attached to the IDE or via the TFS attach, they will see the readonly flag and perform the checkout for you.

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM

The thing is... Somtimes I can change files without marking them as edit ("making them writeable").

I'll try this with the readonly flag reset.