This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

What Am I doing now !

Sep 1, 2010 at 7:40 PM

This is a discussion thread, to hold what I am doing now.

Sep 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Currently creating Win 7 (64) and then Win2k8 R2 Virtual Box's

Then will be performing some install tests, Share tests, and then onto B.R.E.A,D testing (See Documentaion)

Sep 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Created a Win7x64 Dev environment in Virtual box. This killed my host (Lack of resources etc), So have just upgraded the host to Win 7x64 and now I'm in the process of getting back on the Internet etc. :-)

Sep 5, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I need to install and then compile (If possible) the Dokan drivers, to see what is going wrong witht he 64 bit shares, and also what is going wrong with Notepad over a 32 bit share..

That may take a while !!

Any Advice on the DDK stuff please ??

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Nothing happened with the DDK stuff, as I became side tracked with the Application Tray and it's Icons.

Seem to have that solved now (Thanks to the free IconFX app), but currently struggling with hosting WPF context menu in a Winform.. Things will have to change !!

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:23 PM

OK, I've been skiving from this project and have been reading a book (TP: I shall wear Midnight)

Anyway, in the meantime, I have given up trying to mix WinForms and WPF, so will just go with an IContainer instead for the taskbar Icon.. It's a really neat idea, and I cannot take credit for it.

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM

So the First tray application is out there with some handling in the installer to get it running, and stopping when performing an install.

Now onto the Advanced Settings and Help Not sure about the help bit yet !!!

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM
Edited Sep 22, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Okay, the Advanced Settings and Help has been done..

Now onto the Fix some issues -

Vote up the ones you would like to be investigated first.

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Nailed a few issues with spanned directories and what happens if......

delete, rename, move

Seems to be a bit of sticking point when moving into a dir that already has thant name (A funny with XP Explorer maybe !)

Have to learn howw to fire the ShellAPI to tell Explorer (And other apps) that something has changed.

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM

My host is a 2008 r2 x64 so http://code.google.com/p/dokan/issues/detail?id=168 is a breaking bug for me at the moment but I can appropriate its probably not anything you can address from your side.  Had a quick play around debugging but haven't got too far yet being the .net dev I am ^^, have you had any further developments on it ? I came from flexraid and I must say I like your solution a lot more although I might be a bit biased there.  Flex has the "patch install view-sys-patch" and "patch install view-cl-patch" commands which solves network sharing for them although I don't know what the actually do.  I tried doing the patches with the standard dokan driver and it worked for about 30 seconds before I got a bsod =x

A few thoughts/suggestions/ramblings:

1. Combine the tray and management app so you don't get a 5 second wait whilst it pulls the config over the network.

2. You drag drives over to the other panel to add them to the share, doing the reverse should remove them.  It might be worth adding a remove button to just make it more user friendly too.

3.  I see when you encounted the same file patch from two folders you just ignore one of the files, it would be good to get a warning about this somehow in the GUI (Granted this might already be there once the event view is in!).

4. Granted its early in development but i'd try to do less on the UI thread, I have already seen the app lock up several times when doing long operations.  A more MVC might help with this or even going for MVVM/WPF, been doing a lot of the later recently I am I must say I love it!

5. Once the sharing issue is sorted, i'd be pretty much happy with the software.  One feature when I even considered implementing myself was to store a cache of the file system journal in memory meaning when you browse the dokan drive it is really fast for browsing.  The implementation would be similar to that done in the search tool "Everything" which reads all the journals and stores them in a database which gives very fast searching.  Obviously you'd need to hook into file system to keep your in memory copy in sync!

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM
kayomani wrote:

My host is a 2008 r2 x64 so http://code.google.com/p/dokan/issues/detail?id=168 is a breaking bug for me at the moment but I can appropriate its probably not anything you can address from your side.  Had a quick play around debugging but haven't got too far yet being the .net dev I am ^^, have you had any further developments on it ? I came from flexraid and I must say I like your solution a lot more although I might be a bit biased there.  Flex has the "patch install view-sys-patch" and "patch install view-cl-patch" commands which solves network sharing for them although I don't know what the actually do.  I tried doing the patches with the standard dokan driver and it worked for about 30 seconds before I got a bsod =x

A few thoughts/suggestions/ramblings:

1. Combine the tray and management app so you don't get a 5 second wait whilst it pulls the config over the network.

2. You drag drives over to the other panel to add them to the share, doing the reverse should remove them.  It might be worth adding a remove button to just make it more user friendly too.

3.  I see when you encounted the same file patch from two folders you just ignore one of the files, it would be good to get a warning about this somehow in the GUI (Granted this might already be there once the event view is in!).

4. Granted its early in development but i'd try to do less on the UI thread, I have already seen the app lock up several times when doing long operations.  A more MVC might help with this or even going for MVVM/WPF, been doing a lot of the later recently I am I must say I love it!

5. Once the sharing issue is sorted, i'd be pretty much happy with the software.  One feature when I even considered implementing myself was to store a cache of the file system journal in memory meaning when you browse the dokan drive it is really fast for browsing.  The implementation would be similar to that done in the search tool "Everything" which reads all the journals and stores them in a database which gives very fast searching.  Obviously you'd need to hook into file system to keep your in memory copy in sync!

Seems like the guy who was writing the dokan driver has taken an extended break, as no code has been changed in Google code for ages..

1) Not sure what you mean there, There is the delay on start of the mountthat is in the advanced settings - Do you mean that ?

2) Somwthing I missed.. One of the other "Starter" devs has solved that, just waiting for the patch, it does have the delete button function ality wired up.

3) When the extended eventing mechansim is wired up then it will be . Not usre on how frequently this should be fired / etc. Trying to make the "Interference" on the source drives to be minimal so that they can sleep etc.

4) It is supposed to be on a background thread with updates firing into populate. the only thing that will be blocking will be the actual read of the directory when it is opened onthe left pane. Can you provide logs (And an new open an issue) for it please ?

WPF.. I seem to not get my head round this.. I have been coding windows, and services for decades (never used VB!), and the WPF just feels alien to me.. Any help would be appreciated :-)

5) The caching thing is something I tried to stay away from, as using the curent model, the user can still use the mountable points directly. Also I have read many items stating that the Filewatcher does not work as expected for .Net, and then has difficulty for removeable drives etc. so have stayed away from it. Also I have feeling that the Filewatcher class prevents drives Idling to sleep. (Mostly heresay!)

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:51 AM

1) My bad, I meant on start up.  On my system it takes about 5 seconds before the UI is usable as I presume its pulling  the config from the service.

4) Will have to see what time I have once the network share problem has been solved but I wouldn't mind helping out.  Whilst I couldn't get the damn driver to install, I did a 0.6/trunk build to get the latest changes tonight.  Whilst there was other stuff I didn't spot anything related to what could be the issue on the network side.  Will have a look at getting a proper debug environment setup next!

5) I'd agree the managed wrappers are a bit pants, if it were done it'd have to be done directly with the windows APIs.  If you haven't seen the "everything" search tool i'd recommend you check it, it demonstrates the reliability and speed which may be accomplished.   

Sep 29, 2010 at 7:49 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Sep 29, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Item 1 has been created as a workitem (See above for the link)

- Back to what I'm doing....

- Attempting to use VBox and get Audio working in a Win 7 x64 guest !!!!

- Adding in te available shares dialog to the Management app

Sep 30, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Test 55639 in XP and win 7(x32) and have made this a release..

Investigating the Win x64 issue.. Seems to be holding me off somehow.. must be something I'm missing (Probably the WinDDK stuff!)

Can someone test this latest release on Win2k3 and win 2k8 please.?.

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I have sorted the Sharing being re-enabled after a machine restart, an feel like I'm really close to the Win 64 share, but it maybe just another mountain in at the beginning of a bigger range (Bit like creeping up and the Andes!!)

Off to sleep now !

Oct 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Nooooooooooo don't sleep now. First compile a version with the new findings!

(ok kidding)

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Still testing, Released another fixes style dump

Attempting to learn how to use the patches..

Still investigating Win 7 x64..

And

oh, look bed time again ;-)

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Go to bed so that I will too. :D

(it's 1:05 here)

Oct 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2010 at 10:01 PM

According to the left timestamp - I assume it is trying to work out locales from the browser and correct for whenver things are typed in.

So it's just coming up to 22:00 BST (Currently GMT+1), and I have to get up early in the morning..

So.. Seems like SVN access to codeplex has been broken for a while (Made the merges really difiicult and had to be done by hand !)

Retested and reissued the 2010-10-06 Alpha release.

Updated some documentation and found that Codeplex is now having problems with links !!

So .. Not a very productive evening, but it all helps I suppose !

TTFN

Oct 8, 2010 at 10:08 PM

As long as there is some activity and cooperation I am happy.

(I hope other people will get that simple detail too)

Have a good night.

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I'm going to let fpragon have a play with this code for a some while, then I will come back and review the changes (:-))

In the meantime, I'll be seeing if I can get an alternative up and running, that has drivers signed, and works with x64.

The Chainer (The next thing for Phase 1) will be started next month [Sept] (I have a plan and just need some code to fall into place :-)

So keep the questions / hints / requests coming (In separate threads), and I'll answer them when I can..

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Really? Next month is Semtember?

What year?

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:13 PM

All good questions,, It's late I'm off ;-)

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Win DDK has left a bad feeling in my mouth (Probably from all the bad words I wanted to say about its install) - Basically if you do not have loads of space on you OS drive (I mean 10's of GB's) then it performs a rollback and fills the drive full of failed installer rubbish.

Anyway, I'll probably have another go later on, but I must push on with the coding of features that do not interfere with FPDragon's .mirror and .backup modes.

So, I have started the layout for . Place comments in new discussion please ;-)

Nov 7, 2010 at 2:38 PM

There's seems to have been an upheaval in the main code base that has revealed / caused / exposed / created - Whatever - some stability issues.

These have been noted in issues or old ones re-opened to be re-worked..

The code for the ShareEnabler has been put on a back burner, while I was away on conferences etc, but is progressing slowly.

I need to catch up with the Day Job to get the deliverables of that back in order due to holiday and the conference stuff..

Nov 16, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Just run through a bit of a revamp on the default code that is provided from the Dokan.Net codebase.
I have done quite alot of code churn, so be careful if you have to merge.
Next will be speed tests and GC monitoring, but first will have to discover why the sharing in x32 has become broken.

Note: the ShareEnabler has been testd, and it can send / receive large files (That was a bit of discovery !!)

I used Teracopy, to perform some tests, and it seems to work quite well as a backup tool as well. (Especially with the "Overwrite Older" setting :-)

Nov 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Released another version after testing the new folder and other tray app views and making sure that the code has become stable enough for "Beta" again.

This code also has the interfaces to allow the ShareEnabler to be worked on, and I will release a seperate installer soon to begin Alpha testing - unfortunately it (currently) needs manual configuration and will not respect the user ACL's.

Nov 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Thanks man.

I hope you are not again alone in the development...

(I have to say... I don't really love too much developer splitting for a small project that involves... merging)

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM
Edited Nov 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Tested the initial phase of the "Share Enabler" and it appears to do stuff, and at a speed comparable with just accessing shares directly.

Feedback will be welcomed. (See http://liquesce.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Client%20Share%20Enabler)

Do you think you will need to have more than one share from each client to a single Host ? The feature is designed into the client service, but it just means a lot of work to get it going !

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:15 PM

What do you mean more than one share from each client to a single host?

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM
NLS wrote:

What do you mean more than one share from each client to a single host?

If the Dokan has a share for Movies, Docs, Music..

And you want movies to R/O for Everyone, Docs R/W just for you and Music split to Read /o and R/w

Then currently this is not possible, with the 1st pass.

It will just show the Drive as R/W...

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Then I am definitely interested for more than one share some time in the (near) future.

It is vital to have varying levels of access depending on user or group.

Dec 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Currently upgrading to use Virtual Box 3.2.12, as some of the things they say they've fixed, I have been experiencing !!

Dec 6, 2010 at 7:23 PM

A full Day of 3.2.12 and it seems to be working (But then it took a week to get 3.2.10 to start to fail !)

Now starting to create a Win 2k8 R2 Standard(Full) VDI and see what happens; It's going to be a learning curve for me, as I normal leave Server OS's for others to play with !!

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Today I saw Virtual Box 4.0.0.b1 V Nice, but a bit distracting with the in built image preview.. Will have to wait another day to see if it is stable.. 2010 IDE inside Win 7 on a VDI still locks up when compiling huge C++ Solutions though !!

Been tinkering with the idea of an Explorer Shell Extension as a possible way around the sharing thing [The number of apps are continuing to rise, and failing in XP !], but not sure that even when they are installed, if the File-Open Dialogs of all apps will work, i.e. They might initially see the extension and allow access during the File Open session, but not sure it will continue to exist once the app closes those ComCtl's.. Anyone got experience of these ?

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Suffereing with the Flu (3 days and counting!!)

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Get well soon.

Where did you get beta vbox? Did you compile it yourself?

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2010 at 7:15 AM
NLS wrote:

Get well soon.

Where did you get beta vbox? Did you compile it yourself?

Getting better, But still Coughing, and feeling a little sick..

VBox V4 B4 is available now.. you get it via the normal download area (Use the direct download link and then go up to the parent dir)

I'll get the url tomorrow if you can't find it.

Edit: Here it is- http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Temperature seems to be stabilising, and the cough is now turning to the "Tickly" stage..

VBox V4 has been officially released.. But they have done soething that was not in the Beta's as it has become unstable for XP with a SATA controller ??

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Well that was a nice break (Apart from the suffering with a cough bit !)..

Now back to the Work Cycle, and once that is back to normal, I can put some effort into testing some of the issues / feature requests for this suite of App.s. So please up vote any you want fixing, and add some more please.

Seems like Hiroki has also come back to the Dokan Source and has started to perform some testing as well, So I will Hold of a little longer witht he 64 bit share "Complete" client solution.

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Nice, hopefully the issue will be resolved.  Personally a vbox isn't an acceptable solution.  

I have been busy with one of my own projects, it uses wpf mvvm so its worth a look at the source if your interesting in picking up wpf yourself (Although the app is far from complete).  Might get back to you at some stage about doing a wpf gui for liquesce once the x64 bug is fixed :)  http://code.google.com/p/fap

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Super. :)

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:28 PM
kayomani wrote:

Nice, hopefully the issue will be resolved.  Personally a vbox isn't an acceptable solution.  

VBox is what I use to have all the OS types running with rollback control. I do not know of anyone using it as a solution to allow the sharing to occurr, that should be done via http://liquesce.codeplex.com/releases/view/54577 for x64 clients

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:56 PM
smurfiv wrote:
Seems like Hiroki has also come back to the Dokan Source and has started to perform some testing as well, So I will Hold of a little longer witht he 64 bit share "Complete" client solution.

From Dokan Site:

Updates:
Comment #15 on issue 168 by asakaw: Network sharing does not work
http://code.google.com/p/dokan/issues/detail?id=168

Jan 11, 2011 at 6:15 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2011 at 8:54 PM

0.6.0 of Dokan has been released.. If you cannot wait for me to test and update the installer (and the documentation forthis site etc.) then perform these steps and report back in an appropriate Discussion.

- Install 0.5.3,
- Then Liquesce;
- Uinstall 0.5.3 and reboot
- Install 0.6.0 (reboot)
- Perform some of the testing your self :-)

I'll get onto testing this (Possibly) tonight..

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Hi smurfiv

Any ETA on an updated installer?

Thanks

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:41 AM
webs0r wrote:Any ETA on an updated installer?

Click on the installer link in the above post.

It will go to the alpha that does the check for 0.6.0

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:21 PM

As of today, only 6 downloads of the Alpha have been done; that is supposed to work with Dokan 0.6.0 (http://liquesce.codeplex.com/releases/view/59001)

But there have been 10 downloads of the source code !!

Where are all the tester reports stating: It's Great / Good / Bad , these things will help me move this to a feasible phase 1 complete release ?

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I am one of the six. Unfortunately I am in a time warp with work.

I not only want to test it but in fact need it as after my SBS reinstall (from preview to final 2011) I haven't installed ANY merge solution.

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM

And i am another one of your testers.

Everything runs great so far except the Problem i mentioned in the other thread using the share as a network drive, hope that gets fixed soon.

Right now im using this setup for pretty large movie files and get good speeds while reading. I am not writing on it so i can't say anything about that.

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM

OK.. Sorry for the lack of progress (If any one was about to ask.. The silence !!)

A few things I need to sort out first:

1. Need to rebuild the Media-Vault and get the Drives back on-line otherwise the WAF points are going to be negative
    • Ordered some new drives
    • Order some new Removeable drive bays
    • Fiddled with cables and got drives back on-line (Fo know)
    • Awaiting delivery of the above components
    • And then rebuild
  2. The Complexity added by the "Other" modes needs to be negated to solve the Sharing on x64, So will be going back to first principles
    • This may mean removeal of code from the Checkin base
    • Will require a restart for my code base until re-pro can be done with the "New" Dokan library
    • Will take time
    • Might be binning the C# and going C++ but that is the last resort as the memory handling is the main reason for using .Net
  3. Work is taking up a lot of my Free time
  4. I have an Android Tablet that needs to be resurrected (It show a black screen with a backlight !!)
  5. Oh, and it's starting to be Spring and I need to do all those jobs outside (When it's not raining !)

So Enough of the excuses.. There have been over 150 downloads of the current Beta, and not a lot of feedback, or confirmation of the existing bug's / features being requested to be fixed.

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:14 PM
smurfiv wrote:
4) I have an Android Tablet that needs to be resurrected (It show a black screen with a backlight !!)

Resurrected and then upgraded to a Beta build of 2.2 for a device with only 256MB of Nand. If you know about Android, then this is fine achievement by those who built this - No Flash, but so, I don't want it for that !

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Great.

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:32 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2011 at 8:14 PM
smurfiv wrote:
Need to rebuild the Media-Vault and get the Drives back on-line otherwise the WAF points are going to be negative

That job done..
And the Internet decided to be off for most of yesterday..
Funny how things go into the background; But are missed dramatically when they are not working

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM
smurfiv wrote:
5) Oh, and it's starting to be Spring and I need to do all those jobs outside (When it's not raining !)

Well, it's been raining, so the "Home page" has undergone a bit of a revamp to have a more friendly introduction.. I think it's still a bit high level, so any help would be appreciated.

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Still there?

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:15 PM
NLS wrote:
Still there?

Yes.. Still here :-), Had to spend a weekend with the parents, and they do not have internet access!!

smurfiv wrote:
2. The Complexity added by the "Other" modes needs to be negated to solve the Sharing on x64, So will be going back to first principles
  • This may mean removeal of code from the Checkin base
  • Will require a restart for my code base until re-pro can be done with the "New" Dokan library
  • Will take time
  • Might be binning the C# and going C++ but that is the last resort as the memory handling is the main reason for using .Net
  • So, if you check the codebase, you will see that I have performed a branch, to allow any "fixes" to the Phase I code base.
    Now I am in the process of removing the code that is not used (i.e. the Client share enabler projects)
    And, starting to learn the art of MEF to allow the plugins style of code for the current different modes.

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Old mode code has been removed
    API for the Plugin DLLs identified
    Code started
    Looking after the Old Code base (Not started yet)

So a busy week, but nothing to show for it yet !!

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM
    smurfiv wrote:
    smurfiv wrote:
    5) Oh, and it's starting to be Spring and I need to do all those jobs outside (When it's not raining !)

The Spring thing's have been mostly done, They were going to be finished today, but it decided to rain last night.. ho-hum

Anyway, Jaso has been doing some sterling work tracking down some problems, which has led me back into the realms of creating VPC for Virtual Box, BUT, it seems that Windows 7 Guest on Win 7 x64 Host on an AMD chipset is not very stable.. (Just installing the OS culd sometimes lock up !)
    At work these things work okay on Intel chipset Host's?? So it is either AMD interaction's or some overheated memory chips..
    Looking around the Net, I see that the problem is quite common, but no solution has been found that nails it!!
    So, I am trying to host them on the the Media-Vault and then use the Remoting display over RDP to see if this gives me a stable platform.

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:38 PM
    smurfiv wrote:
    back into the realms of creating VPC for Virtual Box, BUT, it seems that Windows 7 Guest on Win 7 x64 Host on an AMD chipset is not very stable.. (Just installing the OS could sometimes lock up !)

So.. The Virtualisation story continues.. The Media-Vault CPU does not have the required Virtualisation that is needed in the base chipset...(Darn Intel !) to allow x64.
    Windows VPC does not do x64
    Trying the latest VMWare Player, to see how that fares..

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:24 PM

VMWare player is holding up, unless eitherthe Guest or the Host go into power save, and then the restart Win 7x64 states it had a BSOD from the Video driver..
    During testing of the latest alpha release, I am still banging my head against the Dokan implementation. It just does not seem to work well enough.
    So I have been off hunting in the WebDav area again, and bumped into FTP again.. Might be time to see if these can do the job(s).
    Time for some sleep !

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    Edited Mar 30, 2011 at 1:26 PM

What... still sleeping since Friday? :D :D :D :D

(btw have I mentioned how much CodePlex sucks as forum software? - but SourceForge is worse in this matter)

Mar 30, 2011 at 4:45 PM

No.. I have been playing with FTP :-) And like what it can do.
    Just trying to make it seemless witht he existing layout manager app - But needs to have a seperate user manager for allowing shares and things (So far anyway).
    Also I need it to work with more of Phase 2 in mind than solving Phase I, but will release as a replacement for Dokan Phase I when I get to that point.
    Expect an Alpha Next week (I think).

Sucky it is..

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    Edited Mar 31, 2011 at 9:22 PM

http://liquesce.codeplex.com/releases/view/63591

and perform the branch

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    Edited Apr 18, 2011 at 7:16 PM

8 Days away and without a computer.. And what do I get when I turn them back on.. 20 updates from MS !!

Edit:
    Argghh.. Media-Vault is now deaded (Is that a word) because of this.. Perhaps it's time for WHS 2k11?

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    Edited Apr 19, 2011 at 7:56 PM

This -> "Root Element is Missing Error" has been annoying me since I started branching using TFS.. So cudos to the following URL for finally nailing it !
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/tfsversioncontrol/thread/a16cc954-91c7-4768-be07-1cfb50213a07

So what else has been happening?
    - Finally managed to download WHS 2011
    - Created and checked in a building (Not functioning) FTP Client Drive Mapper solution

May 16, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Pity interest (by just about everybody) dropped so much on this promising project.

Esp. since there are still no great alternatives and "that other" solution AGAIN shows the well known signs of "I am bored actually" mentality - AGAIN, as I already said (I felt I had to be redundant, no pun intended...).

May 18, 2011 at 7:18 AM

I'm still "Bashing" code (See the amount of changes that are going into each checkin), but it is in the FTP client side at the moment. I will probably hive that project off once the concept has been proven, as it is showing me some great ideas, on resurrecting the Dokan<->Liquesce client with the optimizations I am learning as part of the code solution for the Dokan<->FTP client.
    e.g
    - caching the FileInformation (Client and Server sides) to improve look ups, as IE, AV's, thumbs all want to access directories to show folder images etc, even tho the client will never actually go into them.
    - Raw TCP Speed as opposed to the convenience of using WCF for large sustained transfers.

May 20, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Thanks for the update.

Jun 21, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Any news with the alternative project contacts?

(or anything?)

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    NLS wrote:
    (or anything?)

Follow on the http://liquesce.wordpress.com/ blog ;-)
    It's been a busy 10 days :-)

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:39 PM

wow a blog!