Parity out of the scope?

Aug 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM
So is parity out of the scope of Liquesce? Maybe separate project? Cooperation with other attempts?
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2010 at 1:13 PM
Answers below

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 9:46 AM, NLS <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

So is parity out of the scope of Liquesce?
Yes it will be
Maybe separate project?
That will be the Whimsy project, Once Liquesce is up and running and Brahim does not resurface etc.
Cooperation with other attempts?
Blanks so far.

Aug 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM
Clear. Let me know if I can help. I am leaving for vacations (no Internet except some rare 3G) next Sunday for ~2 weeks though.
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I remember reading somewhere that you have been playing with 2008 R2 and also some versions of WHS.. Do you still have access to those in VPC, VMC or VDI form ?

It would also be good to have some other ACL and x64 test platforms being done by others.

I do not have the facility to perform x64 in Virtual or Real environments without reinstalling the Critical WAF devices :-)

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM
Edited Aug 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM
Scrape the C++ bit. It was in .Net 2

I was thinking about the WinMergeFS which went quite very quickly once the ACL style problems started !

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 10:51 PM, NLS <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Clear. Let me know if I can help.
Aug 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM
Well, from the start... 1) I still have my WHS but is in a very deteriorated state (as an OS - some WHS services decided to die on my without me doing anything). ...Which is quite scary if you think that ALL my data are there. ...my plan is to switch this to SBS2008, but now that in WPC MSFT said about SBS7 (I was there btw), I MIGHT wait for a beta. 2) I can make almost anything in Hyper-V (at work) as I have one blade dedicated for lab work (42GB RAM and 16 cores :P) - and access to MSDN. ...So, next step? Brahim is nowhere to be found today 3rd of August 2010 (again).
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM
Wow, So jealous.. Must really whizz through those Folding @ home things during the "Off hours" One thing that will be useful in your role and experiences as a tester and as a user of WHS (Yes mine died like that twice before I gave up) is to fill out a few more of the things onthis page please ? [url:http://liquesce.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Test%20Scenarios]
Aug 26, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Well I am back today. Running like hell since everything decided to deteriorate in the company. Brahim still MIA. I think by the end of the month (next week) you can go open with the project (even in his forum - not yelling about it, just inform the people openly - like what happened with disparity years ago). Will hopefully attract more testers and possibly people to help you.

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM
The Liquesce thing is gaining momentum, and the latest checkins  are getting close to something that can start to be used.
Still doesn't handle any share or ACL stuff yet !
Next week I'll start to flesh out a better plan for the Raid replacement (Assuming Brahim MIA status !)

Aug 27, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Great - I downloaded the latest Veil and Aurora and plan to make VMs with those. Will be nice for testing (although I was waiting for SBS7 - maybe it comes next week).