Definition: melt from solid to liquid; mix in
Synonyms: fuse, liquefy, blend, pool.
This project will take the Dokan Library, with .Net and attempt to solve some of the issues of making a number of drives / directories appear as one pool dir in Win XPsp3 / 7 / 2008 ....
- A Service that performs the actions to create the pool.
- Allow re-enable the shares (If any) and perform the merging on start-up.
- Attempt to perform the necessary ACL actions.
- A Management GUI to aid in the construction and to show what the existing merging will "Look like" to the clients of the pool letter;
- Could this be a WPF app into the service ?
- Some helper (Tool-tips etc) to make the GUI easier to use for the first time user.
- Stop - Start service to apply the changes.
- Application Tray user application;
- Allow user to see if there are any issues that the service may have:
- Running out of space,
- unable to delete,
- An "Aware" Installer
- Check the correct version Dokan Library.
- Check correct version of .Net
- Notify of Failure
- Use WIX installer for this development.
Currently in the “Thinking stage”, so please add your suggestions.
- Refactor and make ready for
Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), (or similar).
- Remove the existing “Spread” options and convert into MEF.
- Investigate the usage WPF for some / all of the Forms.
- Better examples / explanations of what is going on.
- Publish events to allow other services (Not MEF this time) to perform external actions; e.g. triggers for script engines.
- More than one spanning drive
- Extended Feedback via the tray application
- A better management app to set which folders to be automatically backed up
- External service module(s) to perform the backup / mirror / _Something else functionality
Aspirations phase 1 diagram:-