This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unable to copy files from a shared pooled drive on Windows

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Hi everyone.

So, I wanted to try out Liquesce.
I have 2 3TB HDDs I decided to pool and make accessible over the network.

The pooled drive created by Liquesce shows up correctly (including in the sharing control of the manager app) and the files appear in the pool correctly. I can add files to the pool fine and also execute any files in the pool.
(So, I can add a photo to the pooled drive and then open it on there fine. I can also delete it without issues).
I cannot however, COPY any files FROM the pooled drive - either on to the local computer or remotely on Windows, or even back on to the same drive)
However, I can CUT a file on the pool and paste it back in to the pool.

I should point out that mounting the pooled shared drive on Debian Linux (using mount.cifs) allows me to copy files perfectly fine.

If I go to the actual drive the file is on, I can correctly copy it etc, but obviously that negates the use of having the pooled drive in the first place.

I've tried reinstalling Liquesce, using different drive letters, manually changing the permissions on files/the share etc but nothing works and now I'm out of ideas. Anyone here have any clue?

I am sure this is a weird Windows security/permissions error of some kind, but everything is set up fine as far as I can tell - the permissions on the shared pool and individual files are identical to my other, older, shared drive (the one this new combined one is supposed to replace!) - which works fine.

For reference, the exact message that appears in a windows dialogue box when I attempt to copy any file on the pooled drive is "Can't read from the source file or disk".

And from the Liquesce logs:
2014-10-22 21:13:19.6238[11] ERROR CBFS.CBFSWinUtil: CBFSWinError Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security
Win32Exception
   at LiquesceSvc.NativeFileOps.GetFileSecurity(UInt32 securityInformation, IntPtr securityDescriptor, UInt32 length, UInt32& lengthNeeded)
   at LiquesceSvc.LiquesceOps.GetFileSecurity(CbFsFileInfo fileInfo, CbFsHandleInfo userContextInfo, UInt32 RequestedInformation, IntPtr SecurityDescriptor, UInt32 Length, UInt32& lengthNeeded)
   at CBFS.CBFSHandlersAdvanced.GetFileSecurity(CallbackFileSystem sender, CbFsFileInfo fileInfo, CbFsHandleInfo handleinfo, UInt32 securityinformation, IntPtr securitydescriptor, UInt32 length, UInt32& lengthNeeded)
Thanks in advance, I am sure it's something obvious/easy to fix. I can provide screenshots or configs etc if required, but I haven't changed much from the defaults.
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Tanks for the report,
What version of Liquesce ?
What version of the Host OS ?
Are the files accessible via a direct share over the network ?
Oct 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Liquesce is version 14.3.1214.2

Host OS is Windows 8.1 Pro X64

The accessibility of the files on a separate Windows computer by sharing over the network is as described above: I can read, write and execute, but not copy files. This is the same whether trying to access the Liquesce Pooled share remotely or locally.
Permissions for the share are set to 'Full Control' for everyone.
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.