This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Windows Media Center client problems, just a heads up.

Jul 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM
First off....
This software is like a dream come true. I have been using it for well over a year now and love it.
I have come across little problems, mostly to do with Windows limitations up to this point, but for the most part, Liquesce Rocks !.

I seem to be seeing (or NOT seeing as it were) a problem with Windows Media Center clients that I have been using, when attaching Liquesce arrays as media sources.

Server Setup:
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
  • Liquesce_Setup 2014-03-02 (previously Liquesce_Setup 2014-02-01)
  • 2x Liquesce Arrays, each using multiple (2-4) drives/mount points per array.
Client(s):
  • All Windows 7 x64.
  • Wired Gigabit Network.
  • XBMC and Windows Media Center 7 on all.
Problem:
Windows Explorer displays my 2 Liquesce Arrays (shared folders from server over the network) without any problems and provides access to all files in the arrays.

XBMC as a client (SMB) runs FLAWLESSLY and sees/reads all Liquesce Network Shares in their entirety.

WinMCE7 as a client (SMB) is only able to 'see' the first 48 VIDEO files (from 387 Total) on the FIRST PHYSICAL DRIVE in the Liquesce Share.
It is unable to see the entire 4-drive constructed pool and unable to even see the entire contents of the first drive, although a just portion of it.

My Liquesce Pool #1 contains 887 Video Files over 4 physical drives.
WinMCE7 is only able to see the first 48 (of 387 Total files) from the first physical drive in the Pool using the network share of 887 files.
NOT a combination of 48 files from all 4 drives, not even the entirety of Drive 1 from the 4-drive pool, but the first 48 files from the first physical drive belonging to the pool only.

XBMC sees everything and doesn't suffer from any problems as above.

Is this a limitation of WinMCE ?
I realize it's not your problem, but thought I would share this in case others had seen similar.

Each client machine that I have tried seems to have zero problems in Windows Explorer itself, only does it become a problem in WinMCE.

Any ideas ?
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Thanks for the praise, It makes the late nights worthwhile.
As for the WinMCE7 not being able to "See" all files - This used to be a probem with the Dokan setup, along with all "It's" other problems due to sharing.

So thing to ask.
  • Have you altered the SMB settings on either the host or the client machines ?
  • Do you have logging "Turned up" (Not Fatal or Error) ?
  • Have you got the number of threads set to default (i.e. 0)?
If you can perform the following steps after finding (Resetting) the above, then this might help
  • Create an issue from your great description above (Might be able to save time via the "Copy to work item").
  • Stop Liquesce, and clear all logs "C:\ProgramData\LiquesceSvc\Logs"
  • Start the Management program and set threads to 1 and debug to Trace
  • Start the Liquesce service
  • Browse to the share via XBMC
  • Perform a Log grab and add to the issue (Appropriately named and a timestamp of when XMBC did its "thing")
  • Repeat above (Including the log delete), but this time do the browse via WINMCVE7
Note: The whole performance of the Liquesce will be terrible and might cause XBMC to not display all either.
  • Don't forget to reset to the defaults afterwards.