This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Errors with other CBFS5 applications

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Hi,

I've been using liquesce for a while now and appreciate the work you have done. I have however encountered a problem with the feb release that moves from cbfs4 to cbfs5.

I run Bitcasa on the same machine and this uses cbfs5. If I install liquesce it stops bitcasa mounting with an insufficient resource issue. I've rolled back to the cbfs4 version of liquesce and it all works fine.

Is there anything that I can do config wise to allow both to work as I believe they should be able to coexist. They are using version 5.0.143.31 of the cbfs driver.

Thanks

Chris
Apr 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM
This does seem to be an incompatibility problem between the versions of 143 (Bitcasa) and 145 (Liquesce)
According to CBFS, these are the changes (I cannot spot any API differences, only internal changes):
---
January 23, 2014
v.5.0.145 

- Bug in the file data cache sometimes caused returning of incorrect data during read operation. 
- Bug caused BSOD in the file data cache.
- Possibility of BSOD with code 0x44 "MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS" when network mounting point is used.
- Sporadically occurred BSOD when the CBFS application terminated during the callbacks are being called. 

---
January 10, 2014
v.5.0.144 

- Fixed a memory leak in the CBFS driver.
- Setting FileSystemName for non-mounted storage caused an exception. Fixed. 
- SerializeCallbacks set to true didn't make the requests come via one thread (although the requests did come sequentially). Fixed.
- Possibility of BSOD when the file data cache enabled.

- [CPP] Fixed makefiles for FUSE support code.

- [Java] The driver could not be installed with Java API. Fixed.
- [Java] Fixed error with mOnCloseCallbackCalled field in JNI module.

---
November 25, 2013
v.5.0.143 Official Release
Apr 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I would ask Bitcasa why their code does not appear to work when CBFS is updated.
Or
Check to see if they have upgraded to the latest; Which is now (I think) 146