This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Win 2k8 + Liquesce queries

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Hi,

New to codeplex and such so appologies if i mess up on posting etiquette.

Recently decided to buy a small server for distributing media around the home, have installed Win 2k8 (more comfortable with Windows than linux). Installed OS on a 250GB drive, added a 2TB nearly full of media and am planning on adding another 2TB of media soon. Iv been investigating storage pool solutions, to combine all media into one virtual storage directory so my devices (android phone, win 7 pc, win 8 pc, xbox360, ipad) dont have a long list of drive letters to hunt through to find specific media.

Quick question:
1) is distributing to win 7 x64 still having issues with dirs on each drive with same names or has this been resolved with a new verson of dokan
2) i take it the new drive can be added later and media added dynamically without issues even when they are past "hold on bytes" level
3) the directorys on each drive can still be accessed directly to upload/backup documents over the network
4) in the worst case scenario, if i decide to remove Liquesce this will not affect the media currently stored on the drives, or require any reformatting

Chris
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Welcome

1) Any Share over the network has issues, regardless of the OS host. This will be solved in the Phase II development.

2) Your assumption is correct.

3) Also Correct, if drives are shared on the Host, therefore via the Host (Liquesce will have no knowledge)

4) Also correct.

If you have any ideas on how to make this better (For Phase II) then please add them as suggestions via the (It's a silly name but hey) "Issues" tab.

Cheers
Sep 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Hi, smurfiv

Firstly thank you very much for your quick response.

Excellent, just the info i was looking for, im going to go ahead with the installation and ill keep the forum apprised of any issues/feedback.

Regards
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM
No worries,
Add your experiences to here please "https://liquesce.codeplex.com/discussions/245009"