Duplicate folder being created

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Edited Mar 29, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I am currently using Liquesce to pool 5 drives (D - H) together in order to have a single mount point (J drive) for my HTPC software (media portal). After playing a movie, I have noticed an empty folder being created on my D drive even though the movie folder and file are on a different drive letter (H drive). My assumption is that during playback a temporary file \ or time stamp is changed on the source movie folder. When looking at Liquesce systray icon -> show free disk space, the D drive has the status "alternative disk to write on" I believe that rather than writing or changing the time stamp on the physical drive letter, Liquesce is causing the system to create a new folder with the same name on the D drive. Is there any way to avoid this or settings I can change ?

More info regarding my setup.

I have

D:\Movies E:\Movies F:\Movies G:\Movies H:\Movies

D:\TV E:\TV  F:\TV G:\TV H:\TV

I am mounting the Root of each drive D:\ E:\ F:\etc   So that I end up with J:\Movies and J:\TV

Coordinator
Mar 29, 2012 at 7:34 AM

What mode do you have the mount set to?

Priority / folder / space

http://liquesce.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=How%20are%20the%20files%20spread%20across%20the%20drives%20%3f

I would try the folder mode, as this should keep updates to the same location.

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Edited Mar 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Folder mode has been selected from the start, it is the default setting.  Though I beleive I see the issue.  I am working with mkv files 10+ GB each.  I will try increasing the “HoldOffBytes” value

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Edited Mar 30, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Still experiencing the issue, uploaded logs

Playing an mkv file from source drive G:\Movies\AmericanBeauty.... folder.    Mounted as J:\Movies\....   For some reason it creates an AmericanBeauty folder under D:\Movies\