This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Yet Another Share Issue

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I have reinstalled liquesce after a few months of testing other options. I am still having one major problem though.

I have setup liquesce to share 4 drives as a single drive.

On the server a Windows 2008r2 sp1 the system works great. I can view every file and it is quick as browsing a normal windows drive. Unfortunately my shares seem to be giving me a problem.

I have a windows 7 x64 client that I have attempted to view the share. It opens properly but when I view the file count it is incorrect (I'm assuming this means that some files are not showing up).  On the server side I show the folder has 512 subfolders, but the client shows 415 subfolders.

In attempt to correct this problem I have disabled Smb2 and Smb3 through the regedit (on both the client and the server) restarted each machine multiple times and recreated the share. Further I have given full access to Everyone on the share. After doing this I could not connect to the share at all. Re-enabling Smb2,3 I am able to connect to the share but only 415 subfolders are shown.

I have also changed the thread count. from 0 to 1 to 16, etc. no change. The Disk allocation mode is priority. File Detail Cache seconds is 32 (I cannot change this if I try I get a drop down asking for warm, debug, trace). 

Any suggestions?

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Thanks for the clear report. I'll move it over to the issues list (Link should be in the following box)

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2012 at 11:21 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.