This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Files not showing up in windows 7 client

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I have searched the discussions and may have missed this. I have liquesce running on two computers. One is a windows 7x64 pro and the other is a windows 2k8r2 server. One is a test box the other is a media server.

I have created a storage pool I can see all my files on the local system, but when I share the folder I only see a portion of the files. The file structure is as follows...

n:\video\movies\dvd\dvd1
n:\video\movies\dvd\dvd2
n:\video\movies\dvd\dvd3

I show that I currently have 495 dvds ripped, but on the network share I only show 413 files.

This is the case on both systems, but the files missing are not the same.

Any suggestions. 

I am running Dokan 0.6.0 and the alpha5 of liquesce

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM

1) What does the Management program show in the missing areas / files ?

2) In the merged folders, do you have the same named file ?

3) Can you set the number of threads used by Dokan down to one and restart the machine(s)

4) What have you set the caching value to ?

5) Set the logging values to trace and then go to a directory that appears to have missing files and then open the log file, are the files showing up ? Does the share named user have access to all the files ?

6) what about setting the smb registry value to 1 to disable Win7 and above "Special" security features. [http://liquesce.codeplex.com/discussions/236580]

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM

1) What does the Management program show in the missing areas / files ?

The management program shows all the files appropriately.

2) In the merged folders, do you have the same named file ?

No I do have verified there is only one copy of each file the structure is currently set as

c:\mounts\dru1\video\movies\dvd\dvd0
c:\mounts\dru1\video \movies\dvd\dvd1
etc... 

3) Can you set the number of threads used by Dokan down to one and restart the machine(s)

I will give it a shot in a bit. I am currently set to 0 for automatic, but will change to 0 

4) What have you set the caching value to ?

it was set at default for alph5 

5) Set the logging values to trace and then go to a directory that appears to have missing files and then open the log file, are the files showing up ? Does the share named user have access to all the files ?

Have to test in a bit

6) what about setting the smb registry value to 1 to disable Win7 and above "Special" security features. [http://liquesce.codeplex.com/discussions/236580]

This is done on the server or on the client or both? I am using DFS for other systems by disabling SMB will I break other features of the server?

On a side note, not sure if this is related: I tried copying a new file to the share and receive and error that states "insufficient resources for the service" or similar.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:09 AM

3) set it to 1 as the automatic setting is determined via Dokan internally (i.e. i do not know what it does !)

6) Only need to disable version 2 of SMB on the "server" side, SMB V 1 will still be active. I don not know what that will do if used alongside DFS, but it should not have an effect.

The "insufficient resources for the service" is a known problem with Dokan, and is caused by high throughput of information from searches etc.

Have you disabled the "Anti-Virus" on the mounted volume, as this will cause excessive scanning via windows each time the mount is started and then explored. (AV will still be effective for the actual data writes on the native disks).

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM

3) I changed the setting back to 1.

6) I used your registry edit and it broke file sharing completely to the windows 7 test box. Ran out of time to do more testing. I will go back through and check my settings again.

I did not disable the AV on the windows box, that said currently my 2k8 box does not have antivirus on it as I have been doing lots of re-configuring and yet I still get this error. I there anything else that causes (no search is going on, but I do host the media from three MediaBrowser computers from this server).

Also on a side note, I have tested FlexRaid (I prefer your setup). Do you know what driver he is using, is it the same? I ask because I feel your system is more stable (I did not have crashes) and I prefer the client, but with FlexRaid I can see all my files. Looking through the discussion I noticed that you have considered changing from Dokan to something else. Is there a potential that the FlexRaid drive/code may be a base to look at. I'm sure you have considered this.

Again, I hope I get this working as I really like the setup you have created.

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Edited Oct 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Below

On 17 January 2012 12:36, barista <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

3) I changed the setting back to 1.

6) I used your registry edit and it broke file sharing completely to the windows 7 test box. Ran out of time to do more testing. I will go back through and check my settings again.

You have to restart both the server and the clients in order for them to "re-negotiate" the smb protocol versions.

I did not disable the AV on the windows box, that said currently my 2k8 box does not have antivirus on it as I have been doing lots of re-configuring and yet I still get this error. I there anything else that causes (no search is going on, but I do host the media from three MediaBrowser computers from this server).

Cannot think of anything apart from the Dokan driver not passing things through due to the "Out of resources" error.

Also on a side note, I have tested FlexRaid (I prefer your setup). Do you know what driver he is using, is it the same?

He was using Dokan, but is now using the CallbackFileSystem.

I ask because I feel your system is more stable (I did not have crashes) and I prefer the client,

Thanks, you can use SnapRAID to get the protection if you require that.

but with FlexRaid I can see all my files. Looking through the discussion I noticed that you have considered changing from Dokan to something else. Is there a potential that the FlexRaid drive/code may be a base to look at. I'm sure you have considered this.

Brahim, will not release his code base, and would not let me be part of his project, hence I started this.

Again, I hope I get this working as I really like the setup you have created.

It would be good to nail it down.

Regards

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Ok I reinstalled liquesce yesterday to do some more testing. I tried the registry edit on the server side recreated the folder share and provided full control to "everyone". I then restarted the server and the client. Testing was done on a windows 7x6 server and client. On the server side everything works great. On the client side when I go to view the share I can see it listed in \\server\ but when I open it nothing happens. (The loading bar moves like its trying but eventually time out saying unavailable.)

Not sure what the problem is as everyone else seems to be solved through this fix.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Have you "Told" Liquesce to re enable the share after it mounts the drive ?

"http://liquesce.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Advanced%20Settings&referringTitle=FAQs" and then scroll down to "Current Shares"

On 18 January 2012 12:17, barista <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok I reinstalled liquesce yesterday to do some more testing. I tried the registry edit on the server side recreated the folder share and provided full control to "everyone". I then restarted the server and the client. Testing was done on a windows 7x6 server and client. On the server side everything works great. On the client side when I go to view the share I can see it listed in \\server\ but when I open it nothing happens. (The loading bar moves like its trying but eventually time out saying unavailable.)

Not sure what the problem is as everyone else seems to be solved through this fix.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Liquesce@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Liquesce@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 9, 2012 at 6:42 PM
barista wrote:
I show that I currently have 495 dvds ripped, but on the network share I only show 413 files.

I have tested this scenario with Win 7 x64 as the server and Win XP and Win 7 x64 clients with 8192 directories spread across 4 sources, and have been unable to reproduce this in build "2012-04-29 Beta 2 (RC2)".

If you have anything to add then please do so to the the workitem "http://liquesce.codeplex.com/workitem/10574"

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Edited Oct 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I am having the same issue.  I have documented my testing here

Would be grateful for any suggestions to fix this issue.

Regards

Craig

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I tried to workaround this in the Phase I code stream (Dokan) but had no luck.

So, going forward with Phase I, I have decided to remove my support for any Network sharing;

I shall try to re-establish this in in Phase II, but that will be released (probably in) Q1 2013.