This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Anyone tried NetDrive to solve the x64 sharing

Nov 12, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Seems like the discussion that had all those useful bits in it about WebDav etc has gone !!

Anyway came across this while looking for backup test software, and was wondering it someone who has played with Webdav or has a few moments spare on x64 Host to try and test it please..

http://www.netdrive.net/features.html

It free for home use ;-)

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM

You mean install it locally on the server? Make it mount its own liquesce  "merge" folder?

(btw we need to find a name for this folder :D)

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I think so..

It was the WebDav management and client thing I was looking at, but cannot seem to find it in the features list.

I was thinking that if this enabled those things easier, and optimised the connection (They do state watching video as one of the uses, but do not state if it's HD or mobile phone quality video ;-), it would make setting it up for a normal user easier.

(btw why is it a folder ?)

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Seems like I have been mis-lead by the hype on the data on the website about their "Webdav Site Management"..

It's only about the client connect managment software. - So, A bit like the client addition I'm doing already, but without the user having to learn jhow to install IIS, Set up WebDav, and then get it to work before installing NetDrive.. !!