This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

55750 has a good stability to work with... let's improve the extra features

Oct 4, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Hi!

I think we (ok I did not do as much ;) ) did a good job and I think the current svn build has a good stability with the basic file and folder operations.

Creating, moving, deleting, renaming, opening, ... is working for me without any problem. The nice klickie klickie gui seems to be also on a useable level.

Right now for me there are two features missing:

*) folder shareing

I'm not sure how this current sharing feature should work. I can see my configured share of the Liquesce drive under "Advanced"->"Current Shares...". It says

Source="R:\"

Description="R :" (Yes with a space between it)

Credentials="Jeder : -1" Jeder is the german word for everybody but -1 looks like an error code?!

The share is still not accessable. Maybe someone can describe how this feature should work?

*) multiple liquesce drives

I think I will try to add a multiple drives support when I have some hours time for it. I am thinking of expanding the configuration files. The gui could always configure the first drive and the other could be configured manually by editing the service config. What are you thinking about this?

regards

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 9:25 PM
Below

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 7:53 PM, fpdragon <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi!

I think we (ok I did not do as much ;) ) did a good job and I think the current svn build has a good stability with the basic file and folder operations.

Creating, moving, deleting, renaming, opening, ... is working for me without any problem. The nice klickie klickie gui seems to be also on a useable level.

Thanks for teting

Right now for me there are two features missing:

*) folder shareing

I'm not sure how this current sharing feature should work. I can see my configured share of the Liquesce drive under "Advanced"->"Current Shares...". It says

Source="R:\"

Description="R :" (Yes with a space between it)

Credentials="Jeder : -1" Jeder is the german word for everybody but -1 looks like an error code?!

No, It means All / Full access, just that the enum does not exist.. All sorted with the latest code (Not checked in yet)

The share is still not accessable. Maybe someone can describe how this feature should work?

As above

*) multiple liquesce drives

I think I will try to add a multiple drives support when I have some hours time for it. I am thinking of expanding the configuration files. The gui could always configure the first drive and the other could be configured manually by editing the service config. What are you thinking about this?

I have a plan for this..It takes the existing layout of the GUI and places it into a tab control, then each tab control has the parameters for each mount
Then Each mount is placed into the list in the config file
Then it should  (Should!!) be a case of a new thread for each in the service with seperate callback classes handline the calls.
Still feels like a phase 2 type thing as it is a breaking feature for the config file

regards

Keep up the testing and fixing investigations :-)

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:39 PM

One feature I would like to see would be to choose the order of drives which a folder uses after the drive it is on is fills up.  So you have more control over the underlying directory structure.

For examples if you had 4 disks containing video and music.  You combine all 4 disks in liquesce.  Music is on disk1, and video on disk3.  I'd like to be able to make the music folder user disk2 when disk1 fills up, and make video use disk4 when disk3 fills up.  It woudl be handy to keep the disks under liquesce tidy.

I dont really see this as an important feature, but just a nice thing to have.  I'm happy to have a go at implementing this

Kieren