This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

A couple of issues

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Hi,

I've finally got round to having a go with this.  I'm having a couple of problems though.

I cannot remove any merge points once they have been added

Also I cannot access the advanced settings.

I'm on Win7, dorkan 0.5.3, and installed the .net 4 stuff too.  any ideas?

Thanks kieren

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I thought I had implemented delete (I'll have to check)

It should be just highlite the item and press the delete key (That is what i intended to do - perhaps it slipped through the cracks) I also wanted a right click delete as well..

As for the Advanced settings - that's a workitem fro the next issue follow it here: [workitem:7037]

Vote it up if you want it earlier.

Otherwise the advanced settings can be found by editing the XML file directly ( I'll add a comment to the workItem as well)

The config file goes into "${specialfolder:folder=CommonApplicationData}/LiquesceSvc/"  
The above may well be hidden folders.
On XP they appear under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
On Win 7 they can be under C:\ProgramData and / or C:\Users\All Users

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Thanks, i'm configured now and it seems to be working for reading data at least.  I'm seeing an issue with my antivirus software.  When i change dir in the liquesce share, it scans each file in the dir making it very slow.  If i disable the antivirus, then its pretty quick.  Its comodo i'm using, have u come accross this issue already?

I''m also seeing the issue in http://liquesce.codeplex.com/workitem/7154, but have just mounted to drive letters for now.

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I'm hoping the anitvirus issue can be fixed by running a full scan and using stateful scanning.  Which i'm doing now....

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I commented on the antivirus issue in this discussion

[discussion:223564]

Not sure what settings there are in Comodo to stop it from scanning a drive (I used an old version a long while ago, but then it got too heavy)

As for the [workitem:7154], then are you sure you waited long enough for the delay start and then the delay before mount to kick in ?
Can you attach your restart svc log to the wokritem please ?
Sep 14, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Actually, i'm not seeing the problem on reboot, I havent rebooted yet.  I am seeing it if i restart the liquesce service, so the mounts are definatey active.

Is it C:\ProgramData\LiquesceSvc\Logs\LiquesceSvc you want me to attach?

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Best thing to do is to follow these steps

- Stop the Liquesc service in the Sevice Control Manager

- Delete the contents of the log directory

- Start the service Via the SCM

- Wait for about a minute and then stop it again (If the mount does not show)

- 7Z / Zip the file up with your config file and attach it to the workitem and explain that it is similiar tot he reboot but happens when restating the service (Is the restart via the mgt app or the SCM ?)

- Also add what OS you are using (32 or x64 as well)

Cheers for sticking with this and helping to weedle this one down..

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Found a possible cause (Thanks chickeneye for the log), I have not had time to test it yet (It's geting late here)
but if you have a compiler then put this line

if ( currentConfigDetails == null)

into
ManagementLayer.cs

before line 188

Anyfurther comments please use the workitem http://liquesce.codeplex.com/workitem/7154,