This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Please don't stop your work with this...

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Esp. since others don't want additional help that you already offer.

(invest on building the GUI on a system that we don't know if it get a another beta or whatever after next beta?)

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:59 AM

OK.. Thanks for the encouragement..

I wasn't going to stop until I had at least done the Tray App.

There is already an issue with 2008 R2 (Perhaps you could test) with the shares between 2 2008 R2 machines. - That's all the information I have.

I also have to test "Hot Swap" capabilities

- Like taking HDD and replacing it with another Movies drive - Same letter different structure

- Or using a USB drive "After the service has started"

- I also have to test this with the Win 7 Libraries (As they are done in a different way in the OS, and the Dokan driver might not work !)

Sep 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Test what? I have nothing. :D

Sep 5, 2010 at 6:09 PM

...btw I have some blade issues for now so I cannot build any test VMs for the next few days.

Sep 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM

I'm in the process of planning a new file server for home use and I wouldn't mind making some VMs if it will help. Let me know what you would like to test.

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:05 AM

I have access to XP win 7 and some versions of 2008 R2,

What I really need to nail is the interaction of the shares between each of these different types of OS, and then the types of programs that people use.

So, basically, if you can run more than 1 VM at a time, and get them to interact via explorer shares (Libraries etc), then that will be a good start.

There is already an open issue (Amongst others) with the Dokan driver and it's use of 64 OS sharing not working as expected. So no rush with those VM's.

So if you can list the sort of applications that you will be (can) use against the Pooled Drive, then that will be good, and the results can go in the testing documentation.

The next step, would be to use them over a share to the pool, and see what happens then.

Different access permissions will need to be done (Dependent on the OS and the availability of domain controllers) (I do not have these setup at home.